Adobe Digital Editions – frequently asked questions
Before viewing the frequently asked questions on using Adobe Digital Editions, you may wish to read more on:
We also have a helpful video on using the program, which you can view here
Click here to download Adobe Digital Editions
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I access the online manuals outside of my desktop? Am I able to use my tablet or laptop?
Yes, you can access online manuals on your iPad, Android tablet and/or laptop. In order to install it on your iPad, you will need to download Adobe Digital Editions from the App Store and then sign in with your Adobe login. On a tablet, ADE is available via the Google Play store.
Can I access my library on multiple devices?
At time of writing, no. We are looking to enable support for Adobe Digital Editions across multiple devices, but for now please install on one device only.
I am changing computers. Will I still be able to use Adobe Digital Editions?
If you’re changing computers, you will need to deauthorise the program on the original computer. To do this, launch Adobe Digital Editions, press Ctrl+Shift+D (Windows) or Cmd+Shift+D (Mac), and follow the prompts. Once deauthorised, you can install the program on your new computer. Please note: upon opening the program on your new computer, you will need to log in with your Adobe ID and reauthorise access.
I’m using a Mac. Why can’t I get Adobe Digital Editions to work?
This is most likely due to your security and privacy settings. Please follow the below instructions:
1. Go to your Mac’s System Preferences and click Security & Privacy.
2. Ensure you have "Allow apps downloaded from: anywhere" selected
3. Download Adobe Digital Editions from the App Store.
4. Create or use your existing Adobe ID.
5. Open Adobe Digital Editions and log in.
6. Sign in to your AIRAH member account via airah.org.au
7. The available publications will appear in your "My Benefits" tab on the AIRAH website.
8. To download said documents, click the respective download button in the "My Benefits" tab (ensure Adobe Digital Editions is still open.)
9. Once the file has downloaded it will populate your ADE bookshelf
Adobe Digital Editions is requesting a "Keychain password". What's a Keychain?
Keychain is the password management system in macOS, developed by Apple. If Adobe is requesting your Keychain password, you may have recently reset your Keychain on your Mac. You can find instructions on how to update your Keychain on the Apple website.
When downloading one of the manuals, I receive the error code "unable to download Error getting license. License server communication problem: E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED". What do I do?
First, ensure that ADE is only installed and accessible from one device. Please also review these instructions.
I have another question that hasn’t been answered here. What do I do?
You can email [email protected] or call the national office on 03 8623 3000 for assistance.
Please note that lapsed and expired members will no longer be able to access AIRAH publications on Adobe Digital Editions.