Real Alternatives 4 Life
Free online learning
The European F-Gas Regulation encourages wider adoption of alternatives to refrigerants with a high global warming potential (GWP). Industry groups have joined together to help provide education on the safe use of alternatives such as ammonia, hydrocarbon, carbon dioxide and low flammables though the REAL Alternatives 4 LIFE learning program.
Resources developed as part of the project offer innovative blended learning – a mix of e-learning, practical exercises, assessments and an e-library of learning resources. The program brings together industry knowledge and expertise from across Europe about alternative refrigerants.
- Introduction to alternative refrigerants – safety, efficiency, reliability and good practice (mandatory)
- Safety and risk assessment (mandatory)
- System design using alternative refrigerants
- Containment and leak detection of alternative refrigerants
- Maintenance and repair of alternative refrigerant systems
- Retrofitting existing systems
- Checklist of legal obligations when working with alternative refrigerants
- Measuring the financial and environmental impact of leakage
- Tools and guidance for conducting site surveys.
to find out more and access the free online learning program.