The Indian Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers
(ISHRAE), was founded in 1981 with HQ in Delhi.
It is led by a team of elected officers, who are members of the Society, working on a voluntary basis, and collectively called the Board of Governors.
Advancement of the Arts and Sciences of Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering and Related Services
- Continuing education of Members and other interested persons in the said sciences through Lectures, Workshops, Product Presentations, Publications and Expositions
- Rendition of career guidance and financial assistance to students of the said sciences
- Encouragement of scientific research.
The Australian Institute of Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Heating (AIRAH) and the Indian Society of Heating Refrigeration Airconditioning Engineers (ISHRAE) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to strengthen ties with respect to advocate for the safe, reliable and efficient use of ammonia and other natural refrigerants.
This formal agreement helps both Institutes in the advancing of the industry, and in the sharing of information. Members of each Institute will also benefit in shared access to technical resources, events, and education/training.
The key areas of the agreement include:
Last updated: November 26, 2020
Exchange of Technical Articles between ISHRAE's AC&R Journal and AIRAH's magazines – Ecolibrium and HVAC&R Nation
- Joint efforts in developing Standards and Codes of Practice
- Exchange of distinguished speakers to present at each other’s major conferences, seminars, and workshops
- Invitation to AIRAH to attend each other’s flagship exhibition ACREX India and ARBS (Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Building Services).