Join the only association for HVAC&R building services professionals and practitioners in Australia. Your AIRAH membership is an opportunity to connect with over 4,000 skilled professionals and practitioners – helping you to advance your career, expand your knowledge and skills, build your professional network, and give back to the industry.
You’ll receive free or discounted entry to our conferences, forums, division events, and training programs; a subscription to Ecolibrium, AIRAH’s industry journal; digital access to a wide range of our technical publications; and much more.
Please visit airah.org.au/join to get started.
Australia’s states are introducing professional registration schemes for engineers. AIRAH is the only body solely focused on representing mechanical engineer – HVAC&R building services professionals, and we are an approved assessor by the Board of Professional Engineers of Queensland (BPEQ) for the RPEQ system.
Introduced in 2020, the AIRAH Registered Professional Engineer (APER) accreditation is the formal recognition of engineers operating in HVAC&R building services. A successful application to become an APER displays to the industry – and to the public at large – that an engineer is qualified, competent, and ethical.
Find out more and get started on your application at airah.org.au/APER
AIRAH calls on the expertise of its members for many of our activities. To facilitate this, we have committees with members located throughout Australia. Some of these committees are long-term commitments, while others are one-off projects. This includes:
- Divisions – Each Australia state/territory has a dedicated committee tasked with organising events for local members.
- Conferences/forums – These planning committees contribute technical knowledge to shape our conference and forum programming.
- Special Technical Groups (STGs) – Our autonomous groups represent major areas of the HVAC&R building services field and provide expertise and collaboration across a wide range of interests. If you are interested in joining or starting an AIRAH STG, please contact [email protected]
For information on appointments to AIRAH's Board of Directors, please click here.
Look out for our emails and follow us on socials for the latest industry news! We connect with our members through a number of digital channels including newsletters (member and HVAC&R News – sign up here) and via Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter).
AIRAH participates in a number of advocacy activities centring around three main themes: A transition to a net-zero future; professionalism and safety; and resilience. We also advocate for greater recognition of HVAC&R building services.
There are many ways to get involved with us in this space, including responding to open public consultations (shared on our advocacy page), representing us in an official capacity, or getting in touch with us at [email protected] to recommend topics we should be advocating on.
AIRAH advocates for a diverse and inclusive industry. This includes promotion of our Women of AIRAH STG activities; increasing STEM engagement activities with young audiences; and a commitment to equal opportunities with our Panel Pledge to encourage women voices in our industry. For information on speaking at an AIRAH conference or forum, please click here.
We also welcome nominations for the AIRAH Awards in the category of Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion. This award recognises individuals/organisations that have shown leadership in their efforts to embrace and foster truly inclusive levels of representation within their ranks. AIRAH Award nominations typically open in February, with information shared via email and on our socials. For more information please email [email protected]
If you would like to get involved with our Women of AIRAH STG and the work they do, please email [email protected]
Looking for products, services, and companies in Australian HVAC&R? Start your search with our free-to-use directory – HVAC&R Search.
Available both online and with the annual hard copy Compendium, HVAC&R Search is the go-to site for exploring organisations in heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration, building services, and business services.
If your business would like to book a listing, please email [email protected]
Land your first role, build your career, or find talent for your company! Our job portal is a free resource for individuals and businesses in the Australian HVAC&R building services industry.
You can support AIRAH while promoting your business/services! We offer your organisation the chance to get in front of engaged professionals and practitioners in the built environment with our digital and print advertising opportunities.
Throughout your working life, undertaking continuing professional development (CPD) is an important way to expand your knowledge, maintain up-to-date technical skills, and progress your HVAC&R building services career. AIRAH recommends all members undertake 150 hours of CPD every three years.
For more information on eligible CPD activities, please visit airah.org.au/CPD
AIRAH welcomes news, articles, and technical papers for our publications – Ecolibrium (print and online), HVAC&R News (print magazine), and HVAC&R News (online).
- Ecolibrium – To submit a story idea or technical paper to AIRAH’s journal, please send an introductory email to our editor, Matt Dillon ([email protected]).
- HVAC&R News (print) – Please submit story ideas for our magazine for tradespeople and end users to our editor, Mark Vender ([email protected]).
- HVAC&R News (online) – Story ideas and press releases for the HVAC&R News website can be emailed to [email protected] for consideration.
Suitable topics and projects will also be considered for write-up in our magazines and/or for site visits. If you have completed work on a project that you think would be of interest, please let your membership services officer know.
If you have expertise or experience in a certain field, reviewing our technical resources (including DA manuals) and papers is a wonderful way to contribute. To express your interest, please email AIRAH’s Communications Manager, Matt Dillon ([email protected]).
The AIRAH Awards recognise excellence and achievement in Australia’s HVAC&R Building Services industry. It is a chance to celebrate the industry’s high achievers, stand-out projects, and ground-breaking research.
Each February, nominations for the AIRAH Awards open across the categories, with the Australian HVAC&R industry invited to submit their projects, services, and people for consideration. These nominations are then independently judged and scored by unaffiliated industry specialists.
If you would like to nominate for the AIRAH Awards, please email [email protected] for more information.
Presenting at an AIRAH event is a great opportunity to share ideas with the broader HVAC&R building services community. It allows you to network with engaged peers and can contribute to CPD hours.
- Conferences/forums – AIRAH hosts a variety of major events throughout the year. This includes our Refrigeration Conference and The Future of HVAC. Please email [email protected] for information on opportunities.
- Streamline webinars – Our Streamline webinars are targeted online learning opportunities for the HVAC&R building services industry. Please email [email protected] if you would like to host a session.
- Technology Talks – The Technology Talk webinars provide valued AIRAH partners with the opportunity to connect with our audience and discuss new technologies, solutions, and expertise. Please email [email protected] for information.
- Division events – If you would like to present to AIRAH members at a local division event, please email the MSO in the relevant state/territory. More information on AIRAH’s divisions is available here.
Our events would not be possible without the generous support of our sponsors. Please click here to explore our available opportunities.