Networking café FAQs
Throughout the day on Tuesday, November 10, we invite registered Outlook 2020 guests to attend the networking café and connect with sponsors and other conference delegates.
What do I need to attend?
You will need:
When is it open?
- A computer (laptop or desktop)
- A camera (laptop camera or webcam)
- A microphone (an external microphone is recommended for the best sound quality)
- Headphones (headphones are preferred to your computer speakers; they will stop any echo, and this will help others hear you better)
- A web browser (Chrome or Safari).
The Outlook 2020 networking café will be open throughout the day during the breaks and at the start and end of the conference.
To view specific times for your state or territory, please click here
How do I attend?
Click the networking café link on this page (note: you will need to register for the event to access this page and the networking café). Once you click on the link, the site will guide you through the process. You will log in with your email address and create a password.
Turn your camera and mic on and start chatting with others!
What do I do once inside?
Moving around the networking café is easy – simply double click on a free chair at a table to move through the virtual venue. Once at a table, you will be able to video/audio chat with up to seven other people.
What is networking mode?
Networking mode is when you can freely move from table to table to talk to others.
What text-based chat functions are there?
There are three modes of text-based chat:
How do I exit?
General chat – the entire room will see this chat
- Table chat – only people at your table will see this chat
- Private chat – this is a direct chat between you and another person.
Click the “Quit Event” button on the bottom right of the tool bar at the bottom of the screen. You will be able to rejoin the networking café through the Outlook 2020 Conference page throughout the day.
There will be a clearly labelled help lounge on level 1, at the bottom right of the networking café screen. AIRAH staff will also be in attendance to ensure everyone is enjoying the virtual experience.
For any other questions, please email [email protected]