The HVAC&R industry impacts our society in myriad ways. Throughout its history, HVAC&R has evolved to meet the needs of society and enable massive leaps forward in work productivity, home and community life, healthcare and food production, while also enabling innovations in science and technology. Bringing attention to its vital role, the conference will involve everyone interested in, affected by, or influencing where the industry is headed.
Outlook 2020 will discuss and investigate the forces that are impacting HVAC&R and the built environment now and into the future. The focus will be on the role of HVAC&R within five key conference themes:
- Innovation and disruption
- Climate change: Sustainability, adaptation and resilience
- Demographic and social change
- Regulation and legislation.
The conference will unite a broad range of stakeholders including building services consultants and contractors, ESD professionals, architects, tenants, building developers and investors, regulators, researchers, product and technology professionals, service providers, property and facility managers, educators and trainers, energy suppliers, workplace designers and more.
If you are interested in networking with leading industry influencers and sharing expert knowledge, the Outlook 2020 International Conference and Awards Gala is the must-attend event of the year. It’s an opportunity to celebrate our industry’s rich history – and prepare for the future.
Key dates and news
Outlook 2020 International HVAC&R Conference and Awards Gala dates
Outlook 2020 will take place from November 8–10, 2020 in Sydney, NSW.
- Sunday, November 8 – Exhibitor set-up (1–5pm)
- Sunday, November 8 – Welcome function (5–7pm)
- Monday, November 9 – Outlook 2020 Conference – day 1 (9am–5pm)
- Monday, November 9 – Exhibition and networking function (5–7pm)
- Tuesday, November 10 – Outlook 2020 Conference – day 2 (9am–5pm)
- Tuesday, November 10 – Awards Gala (6.30–11.30pm).
2020 speaker dates
Interested in speaking at Outlook 2020? Please note the below dates. For more on our call for abstracts, including topics of interest and submission guidelines, please click here
- Friday, February 28 – Abstract submissions close
- Wednesday, April 15 – Notification of abstract acceptances
- Friday, June 29 – Technical paper submissions due
- Tuesday, September 1 – Finalised and fully reviewed papers due
- Thursday, October 15 – PowerPoint presentations due.