AIRAH Fellow Grade
“Fellow” is the grade of membership conferred on AIRAH members who have made an outstanding, distinctive and exemplary contribution to AIRAH and the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration industry in one or more of the following disciplines:
- Air conditioning
- Heating; or
- A related field that advances the Institute’s objectives
AIRAH invites applications from those individuals who have held the grade of Member for at least 10 years and wish to be considered for elevation to Fellow. Members are able to self-nominate.
The Institute reserves the right to consider for Fellow status any outstanding member candidates who may not meet this criterion.
Prospective candidates will be assessed for their service to the HVAC&R industry in at least one of the following categories:
- HVAC&R project delivery (eg. design, installation, commissioning etc)
- Government and regulatory
- Other fields relevant to AIRAH
Evidence of contribution to industry
Applicants must provide a summary of activities demonstrating a contribution to the industry during their career.
The following activities provide guidance on the type of activity the review panel will consider:
- Published two technical papers at an AIRAH conference or other reputable technical conference
- Held a position as an appointed AIRAH representative on a government or industry technical committee
- Held the position of National President or National Director
- Presented an AIRAH technical training program of not less than four hours duration
- Authored or reviewed an AIRAH technical manual or training program
- Published two technical papers (peer reviewed) in Ecolibrium/the AIRAH Journal or other reputable technical publication
All applications will be evaluated by a committee appointed by the Chief Executive Officer and, if accepted, will be forwarded to the Board of Directors for review and ratification.
There is no application fee payable. Membership fees for F.AIRAH are available at the Membership page. AIRAH Fellows may use the postnominal F.AIRAH.
If you wish to be considered, please download the application form and return it to email@example.com. You can contact the AIRAH office on +613 8623 3000 for more information.
Back to Membership Grades and Information