The Future of HVAC 2023 Conference will be held in Melbourne, September 13–14.
This event is being held in conjunction with the Building Physics Forum
(September 13) and the Big Data and Analytics Forum
A vital topic
The heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC&R) building services industry impacts our society in myriad ways.
Throughout its history, HVAC&R has evolved to meet the needs of society and enable massive leaps forward in work productivity, home and community life, healthcare, and food production. It also continues to offer innovations in science and technology.
About the event
Bringing attention to HVAC&R building services’ vital role, the conference welcomes everyone interested in, affected by, or influencing where the built environment is headed.
This is AIRAH’s future-casting conference that explores the outlook for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning by looking at the drivers of change. This includes, but is not limited to:
The drive to net zero: Electrification technologies, embodied energy, mechanical-electrical requirements, and solar HVAC
- A sustainable future: A circular economy, climate resilience, energy efficiency, refrigerants, and new technologies
- Industrialisation of construction: Integrated project design and delivery, design for manufacture and assembly (DfMA), kit of parts, mass customisation, automated design, and automated construction
- Digitisation of the built environment: Digital design, digital twins, and the metaverse
- The built environment’s role in human health and wellness: COVID-safe systems, and IAQ
- The move from HVAC maintenance management to asset management: Life-cycle management, maintenance engineering, IoT, and data analytics
- Regulation of the built environment: Building regulation, industry rating systems, and certification of building professionals
In its 10th
year, the conference will unite a broad range of stakeholders including building services consultants and contractors, environmentally sustainable design professionals, architects, tenants, building developers and investors, regulators, researchers, product and technology professionals, service providers, property owners and facility managers, educators and trainers, energy suppliers, workplace designers, and more.
The event will also feature a trade display that registered delegates can explore throughout the two days. This gives participants the opportunity to interact with leading industry suppliers and explore their latest technology offerings.
Friday, March 24 – Abstract submissions close
- Friday, April 28 – Notification of abstract acceptance
- Friday, June 30 – Technical paper submission due
- Thursday, August 17 – Early-bird registration ends
- Friday, September 1 – Speaker PowerPoints due
- Wednesday, September 13 – Future of HVAC 2023 day one (alongside the Building Physics Forum 2023)
- Thursday, September 14 – Future of HVAC 2023 day two (alongside the Big Data and Analytics Forum 2023)
AIRAH is committed to the health and safety of our members, guests, and staff. Our aim is to use only COVID-safe venues and ensure that a range of protocols and enhanced hygiene measures are in place to safeguard your health and wellbeing. This includes compliance with any commonwealth, state, or territory health orders that might include density limits, vaccination requirements, or mask wearing.
Please view our face-to-face events guide for information on attending AIRAH events.
We request you stay home if you are unwell or have COVID-19 symptoms including cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue, loss of smell or taste, vomiting, diarrhoea, or shortness of breath.
Please do not attend the event if you have been in contact with a confirmed case.
For further information on AIRAH’s response to COVID-19, please visit airah.org.au/coronavirus