Call for speakers
AIRAH’s Commissioning Virtual Forum will be held online on Thursday, March 24. The technical organising committee is now calling for speakers to present on an array of subjects. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Remote commissioning
- Airtightness testing
- Energy optimisation through commissioning and building tuning
- Building owners’ / developers’ perspectives
- Impacts on life-cycle cost due to poor commissioning
- New technologies
Case studies – lessons learnt and best practices
- Standardisation – training and education
- Standardisation – codes and terminologies
- Qualification of technicians
- Commissioning roles and responsibilities
- Communicating and informing consultants
- Commissioning of refrigeration systems
- Commissioning of air conditioning systems
- Commissioning of control systems
- General commissioning
Other ideas will also be considered by the technical organising committee
who have the final say on accepted presentations.
Abstracts and presentations must not contain overtly commercial material or include trade names in titles*. Presentations will be 25 minutes in length, including time for questions and answers.
All submissions must include:
A 300-word presentation overview submitted on a Word document
- A 100-word condensed presentation overview submitted on a Word document
- A 100-word biography submitted on a Word document
- A high-resolution presenter photo.
If a speaker's application is successful, they will also be required to submit a PowerPoint deck before the Commissioning Virtual Forum. More information and a template will be provided to the confirmed presenters.
|Submissions should be emailed to AIRAH’s Program and Engagement Coordinator at [email protected] by Friday, December 10.
For this Forum, speakers are not required to provide a technical paper. However, if you are interested in preparing a technical paper along with your presentation, this will be distributed to Forum attendees as well as forwarded for publication consideration by AIRAH’s official journal, Ecolibrium
. Submission of a paper does not guarantee publication, and all papers are subject to peer review. If you are interested in submitting a paper, please contact
AIRAH’s Program and Engagement Coordinator for more information about the technical paper requirements.
*AIRAH’s Speaker Commercialism Policy
Commercialism is the inclusion of visual, written, or verbal references to any organisation for the promotion or commercial advantage of that organisation or the commercial disadvantage of a competing organisation.
AIRAH will strictly enforce this policy for AIRAH papers, presentations, and/or research documentation at AIRAH conferences and professional development events.