Call for speakers
AIRAH’s Building Physics Forum will be held in Brisbane from October 12–13, 2021. The technical organising committee is now calling for speakers to present on an array of subjects.
Topics relevant to the application of building physics to current and coming policy and standards will be favoured, as will submissions addressing the relationship between heat transfer and/or moisture and its effect on health and durability outcomes in energy-efficient buildings.
Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- Building physics in the National Construction Code
- Building physics in GBCA Green Star Homes, Passive House, and other standards
- Basics of the building envelope
- Thermal bridging
- Thermally broken façades
- Thermal resilience case studies
- Air tightness
- Mould/humidity/indoor air quality case studies
- Human comfort and building health
- Linking design, building fabric, and HVAC systems
- Building and architect challenges – failures and lessons learnt
- Latest research
- Building physics in smart homes
- Health, durability and energy efficiency
- Summer performance issues (thermal overheating and summer undercooling)
- Getting summer cooling right in highly insulated and air-sealed buildings
- Controlling solar gains (summer performance) in highly insulated and air-sealed buildings
- Highly insulated and air-sealed buildings and their relationship with peak load and annual cooling energy
- Environmental impact and damage assessment
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and impact on durability
- Suggestions for a panel discussion or workshop
Other ideas will also be considered by the technical organising committee
. The committee has the final say on accepted presentations.
Presentations must not contain overtly commercial material or include trade names in titles.
All submissions must include:
- A 300-word presentation overview
- A 100-word presentation overview
- A 100-word biography
- A high-resolution author photo
If a speaker's application is successful, presenters are required to submit a PowerPoint deck before the Building Physics Forum. More information and a template will be provided to confirmed presenters.
Submissions should be emailed to AIRAH’s Conference and Events Coordinator at email@example.com by Friday, April 9, 2021.
By submitting an abstract for this event, you are volunteering to deliver your presentation at the forum in person*
For this Forum, speakers are not required to provide a technical paper. However, if you are interested in preparing a technical paper along with your presentation, this will be distributed to Forum attendees as well as forwarded for publication consideration by AIRAH’s official journal, Ecolibrium
. Submission of a paper does not guarantee publication, and all papers are subject to peer review. If you are interested in submitting a paper, please contact
AIRAH’s Conference and Events Coordinator for more information about the technical paper requirements.
*AIRAH continues to closely monitor developments regarding COVID-19 and is following state and federal government directions. Updates on any changes to our face-to-face events will be posted on our website.
We request you stay home if you are unwell or have COVID-19 symptoms including cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue, loss of smell or taste, vomiting, diarrhoea or shortness of breath.
Please do not attend the event if you have been overseas in the last 14 days, or have been in contact with a confirmed case.
For further information on AIRAH’s response to COVID-19, please click here