Call for speakers
AIRAH’s Big Data Forum will be held in Melbourne on July 22, 2021. The technical organising committee is calling for presentations on an array of subjects that link the built environment and big data. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Future for occupying buildings and data-driven strategies
- General occupancy data and accessing buildings
- Digitalisation of data for pandemic situations
- Big data and achieving carbon neutrality
- Data tagging and ontology
- Case studies of big data applications for the built environment including specialised property types (for example healthcare, data centres, laboratories)
- Big data for science and engineering research
- Applications and evaluation of real-time big data systems
- Utilisation of multiple data sets from disparate systems
- Big data for improving resilient infrastructures and creating smart cities
- Big data security and privacy
- Machine learning based on big data
- More complex energy systems and managing data
- Lessons learnt from industry adoption of HVAC analytics packages
- Improving outcomes from big data analytics
- Making day-to-day building operations smarter
- Suggestions for a skills workshop or panel discussion.
Other ideas will also be considered by the technical organising committee
who have the final say on accepted presentations.
Presentations must not contain overtly commercial material or include trade names in titles.
All submissions must include:
A 300-word presentation overview
- A 100-word condensed presentation overview
- A 100-word biography
- A high-resolution presenter photo.
If a speaker's application is successful, they will also be required to submit a PowerPoint deck before the Big Data and Analytics Forum. More information and a template will be provided to the confirmed presenters.
|Submissions should be emailed to AIRAH's Conference and Events Coordinator at email@example.com by Friday, March 19, 2021.
By submitting an abstract for this event, you are volunteering to deliver your presentation at the forum in person*
For this Forum, speakers are not required to provide a technical paper. However, if you are interested in preparing a technical paper along with your presentation, this will be distributed to Forum attendees as well as forwarded for publication consideration by AIRAH’s official journal, Ecolibrium
. Submission of a paper does not guarantee publication, and all papers are subject to peer review. If you are interested in submitting a paper, please contact
AIRAH’s Conference and Events Coordinator for more information about the technical paper requirements.
*AIRAH continues to closely monitor developments regarding COVID-19 and is following state and federal government directions. Updates on any changes to our face-to-face events will be posted on our website.
We request you stay home if you are unwell or have COVID-19 symptoms including cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue, loss of smell or taste, vomiting, diarrhoea or shortness of breath.
Please do not attend the event if you have been overseas in the last 14 days, or have been in contact with a confirmed case.
For further information on AIRAH’s response to COVID-19, please click here