Call for speakers
The technical organising committee is calling for presentations on an array of subjects that link the built environment and big data. This includes, but is not limited to:
Case studies of big data applications for the built environment including specialised property types (for example healthcare, data centres, laboratories)
- Big data for science and engineering research
- Applications and evaluation of real-time big data systems
- Utilisation of multiple data sets from disparate systems
- Big data for improving resilient infrastructures and creating smart cities
- Big data security and privacy
- Machine learning based on big data
- More complex energy systems and managing data
- Lessons learnt from industry adoption of HVAC analytics packages
- Improving outcomes from big data analytics
- Making day-to-day building operations smarter
- Suggestions for a skills workshop or panel discussion.
Other ideas will also be considered by the technical organising committee who have the final say on accepted presentations.
If a speaker’s application is successful, presenters are required to submit a PowerPoint presentation before the Forum.
Presentations must not contain overtly commercial material or include trade names in titles.
All submissions must include:
A 300-word presentation overview
- A 100-word condensed presentation overview
- A 100-word biography
- A high-resolution presenter photo.
Submissions should be emailed
to AIRAH’s Conference and Events Coordinator, Emily McLaughlin, by Friday, February 28.
For this Forum, speakers are not required to provide a technical paper. However, if you are interested in preparing a technical paper along with your presentation, this will be distributed to Forum attendees as well as forwarded for publication consideration by AIRAH’s official journal, Ecolibrium
. Submission of a paper does not guarantee publication, and all papers are subject to peer review. If you are interested in submitting a paper, please contact
AIRAH’s Conference and Events Coordinator for more information about the technical paper requirements.