AIRAH Awards deadline extended
Friday, June 29, 2018
Nominations for the 2018 AIRAH Awards have been extended until July 13, giving interested companies and individuals more time to share their inspiring stories – and be in the running to win one of the industry’s most respected and valued accolades.
The AIRAH Awards acknowledge the individuals, companies, research projects and products across the diverse specialist fields that make up the HVAC&R industry.
The winners will be announced at the AIRAH Awards gala dinner, an established annual gathering for leaders of the industry. This year the event will be held on November 15 in Melbourne at Central Pier, Docklands.
“The AIRAH Awards are an opportunity to shine the spotlight on an industry that is not just a quiet achiever, but often an invisible one too,” says AIRAH CEO Tony Gleeson, M.AIRAH. “Likewise, it gives individuals and companies a chance to highlight the great work they have done. An AIRAH Award is a mark of excellence that is recognised by clients and peers alike.”
Last year Norman, Disney & Young won the Excellence in Sustainability award for its work on the International Towers Sydney project at Barangaroo, which appeared as the cover story of Ecolibrium in May. Air Change won the AIRAH Product of the Year Award for its Low Dew-Point Humidifier, then went on to win the corresponding award at ARBS 2018.
Nominations are now open for work carried out during 2017 across the following categories:
- Best HVAC Retrofit or Upgrade award: recognising excellence in the retrofit or upgrade of an HVAC system;
- Denis Joseph Award for Innovative Use of Solar Energy in HVAC&R: recognising Australian initiatives that through the innovative use of solar energy significantly improve the performance of HVAC&R systems;
- Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion: This award recognises and celebrates organisations that have shown leadership in diversity, and embraced and fostered inclusive levels of representation within their ranks;
- Excellence in HVAC&R Research;
- Excellence in Innovation award: recognising substantial Australian improvements in the areas of HVAC&R achieved through innovation;
- Excellence in Refrigeration: this award recognises excellence in the retrofit or upgrade to existing refrigeration systems, the development of new systems, or the delivery of services.
- Excellence in Sustainability award: recognising Australian initiatives that have made clear improvements in the sustainability of HVAC&R systems or the HVAC&R industry itself;
- Future Leader award: recognising emerging leaders in any facet of the HVAC&R industry;
- James Harrison Medal: the highest honour AIRAH can bestow upon an individual (nominations not required).
- Product of the Year: manufacturers of the best Australian HVAC&R products compete against each other for a coveted AIRAH gong;
- Student of the Year award – Higher Education and Research
- Student of the Year award – Trade.
2018 AIRAH Awards key dates
Nominations close Friday, July 13.
* Please contact the AIRAH office on [email protected] to advise that you will be nominating.
2018 AIRAH Awards presentation dinner
When: 7pm, Thursday, November 15
Where: Central Pier at Docklands, Melbourne
Cost: Ticket: $190; table of 10: $1,800
For nomination forms, go to www.airah.org.au/awards
To book a table email [email protected]
Student of the Year – Trade
Future Leader Award
Excellence in Innovation
Excellence in Sustainability
Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Email [email protected] for more information.