AIRAH Awards 2018 nominations now open
Thursday, March 29, 2018
As Australia’s most prestigious HVAC&R plaudits, the AIRAH Awards highlight the excellent work by Australian HVAC&R professionals, and raise the profile of the industry. Nominations for the AIRAH Awards 2018 are now open.
Based on a history of recognising excellence and achievement within the world of HVAC&R, the AIRAH Awards will return in 2018 to acknowledge those who have made substantial contributions to the industry.
This year the AIRAH Awards presentation dinner returns to Melbourne for the first time in five years, with the gala event slated for November 15 at Central Pier at Docklands.
The AIRAH Awards 2018 acknowledge the individuals, companies, research projects and products across the diverse specialist fields that make up the HVAC&R industry. “Since the first AIRAH Awards began, our industry has grown considerably,” says AIRAH CEO Tony Gleeson, M.AIRAH.
“But one thing that has remained the same is the importance of recognising the best work in our field, of celebrating it and making sure we build on the very best innovation, research and practices.
“For individuals, companies, corporate bodies, institutions and government authorities alike, the AIRAH Awards have become a stamp of excellence. It is an accolade that all can respect and aspire towards.”
Nominations are now open for the 2018 AIRAH Awards for work carried out during 2017, across the following categories:
- Best HVAC Retrofit or Upgrade award: recognising excellence in the retrofit or upgrade of an HVAC system, and can address the complete delivery of projects;
- Denis Joseph Award for Innovative Use of Solar Energy in HVAC&R: recognising Australian initiatives that through the innovative use of solar energy significantly improve the performance of HVAC&R systems;
- Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion: This new award recognises and celebrates organisations that have shown leadership in diversity, and embraced and fostered inclusive levels of representation within their ranks;
- Excellence in HVAC&R Research: recognising outstanding achievements in Australian research;
- Excellence in Innovation award: recognising substantial Australian improvements in the areas of HVAC&R achieved through innovation.
- This can include new or significantly enhanced products, or new or significantly improved systems, plant and equipment, or processes;
- Excellence in Refrigeration: this award recognises excellence in the retrofit or upgrade to existing refrigeration systems, the development of new systems, or the delivery of services.
- Excellence in Sustainability award: recognising Australian initiatives that have made clear improvements in the sustainability of HVAC&R systems or the HVAC&R industry;
- Future Leader award: recognising emerging leaders in any facet of the HVAC&R industry;
- James Harrison Medal: the highest honour AIRAH can bestow upon an individual (nominations not required).
- Product of the Year: manufacturers of the best Australian HVAC&R products compete against each other for a coveted AIRAH gong;
- Student of the Year award – Higher Education and Research
- Student of the Year award – Trade.
2018 AIRAH Awards key dates
Nominations close Friday, June 29
* Please contact the AIRAH office at [email protected] to advise that you will be nominating.
2018 AIRAH Awards presentation dinner
When: 7pm, Thursday, November 15
Where: Central Pier at Docklands, Melbourne
Cost: Ticket: $190; table of 10: $1,800
For nomination forms, go to www.airah.org.au/awards
To book a table email [email protected]
Student of the Year – Trade
Future Leader Award
Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Email [email protected] for more information.