Essential Safety Measures courses
AIRAH offers training in Essential Safety Measures in both a distance and face-to-face format. Click on the hyperlink below to find out more about these courses.
Face-to-face 2 day course - Essential Safety Measures
Once a building is constructed the owner is responsible for upkeep and maintenance - particularly its safety features or essential safety measures.
Make sure you are in a position to provide the correct advice and skills. This course will guide you through Australian standard AS1851 - Maintenance of Fire Protection Systems and Equipment to ensure you can provide your clients compliance needs.
The extended Supervisors course will give invaluable background about local legislation as well as fire and smoke design standards.
Day 1 - Technicians and Supervisors
- Purpose and application of fire and smoke control systems
- 6 methods of HVAC based fire and smoke control
- Application of AS/NZS 1668.1
- Certification – prior to occupancy and annually
- Testing and commissioning
- Maintenance of essential services – AS1851
Day 2 (Half day) - Supervisors
- Introduction to the regulatory and legislative framework
- The physics of smoke control
- Background to design of fire and smoke control systems
- Testing and commissioning smoke control systems - the process and the paperwork
This course is designed for:
- Mechanical services technicians
- Mechanical services supervisors
- Facility managers
- Building owners
- Building surveyors
The essential services maintenance seminar can also be run at your work place. If you have 10-12 people interested in doing the course please contact Carolyn Hughes on 03 8623 3000 to obtain further information.
Cancellation and refund policy
Registration may be cancelled up to five working days prior to commencement of the course with participants either transferring to another course / event or receiving a refund less a 20% administration fee. No refund will be given where cancellation is 24 hours or less. In all other cases of cancellation the extent of any refund will be at the discretion of AIRAH.
You may substitute another participant at any time prior to the event date should the nominated person be unable to attend. Where the course has entry requirements these must be met by any substitute participant. Where a non member replaces a member the difference between member and non member rates will be charged. Requests for refund can be made by email to email@example.com.
Back to top