Climate Change, Sustainability and HVAC
|Find out what impact climate change has on new and existing buildings and learn how to propose design solutions to meet zero carbon building objectives.
Participants will journey through the science of climate change and energy and on to the design issues proposed by zero carbon building objectives in both new and existing buildings.
This online course is one not to be missed by today’s energy conscious designer.
General course information
Delivery method: Online
Length: 60 hours over 20 weeks
Assessment included: Included
Member – $1200
Non-member – $1800
- The sustainable building
- Adapting to climate change
- Energy consumption
- Embodied energy
- Energy sources
- Building envelope, orientation and shading
- Insulation and glazing
- Passive heating and cooling
- Mechanical efficiencies
- Alternative HVAC systems
- Design strategies
- Existing buildings
- Building Information Modelling
- Performance and operation strategies
- Business cases
At the completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the key issues of climate change and its predicted impact on buildings in various zones in Australia
- Explain the concept of the sustainable building
- Explain the issues that impact on sustainable building design and how these can be overcome
- Use tools and techniques to demonstrate sustainable design performance
- Communicate the objective of zero carbon building design to a variety of stakeholders to manage expectations
- Propose design solutions for existing buildings to meet zero carbon building objectives
- Propose design solutions for new buildings to meet zero carbon building objectives
This course is designed for
- Mechanical design engineers
- ESD Engineers
It is recommended that participants have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the built environment before registering for this course.
Please call AIRAH on (03) 8623 3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.