AIRAH’s essential Refrigeration event calls for abstracts
The must-attend event on the industry
calendar, AIRAH’s Refrigeration 2018 Conference, will be held in Sydney
next March. The conference committee is now calling for abstracts.
The two-day conference will take place over March 26–27 next year.
“We’re always conscious of the “R” in AIRAH,” says AIRAH CEO
Tony Gleeson, M.AIRAH. “Since 1920 when the Institute was first
established, the issues surrounding refrigeration have been of critical
importance to the organisation. And this remains the case today. The
Refrigeration 2018 Conference will see discussion of the most important
issues facing the industry: everything from the HFC phase-down and
low-GWP synthetic refrigerants, to energy-performance benchmarking and
“I strongly encourage anyone with a story to tell to
contribute to Refrigeration 2018 and be part of the bigger narrative.”
The conference committee is now calling for abstracts on an array of subjects, including but not limited to:
The Australian and international HFC phase-down
- Future thinking – the path towards carbon neutrality by 2050
- Low-GWP synthetic refrigerants
- Energy efficiency and sustainability
- Energy efficiency of low-GWP synthetic refrigerants
- Energy-performance benchmarking
- Transcritical CO2 systems and the Australian climate
- Refrigerant inventory reduction
- Legislation/standards/licencing/training – developments in Australia and internationally
- Environmental impacts of synthetic, low-GWP refrigerants
- Risk management associated with the use of flammable refrigerants
- Project case studies
- Re-use and recycling of refrigerants – environmental benefits/the importance of meeting standards
- Heat pumps.
The conference organisers are also looking for site visit locations for the conference.
When submitting an abstract, speakers are agreeing to submit
a technical paper and PowerPoint presentation before the conference
should their application to present be successful.
The conference committee has the final say on accepted
presentations. All submissions must include a 300-word abstract, a
100-word condensed abstract,
100-word biography and high-resolution author photo. Abstracts should be emailed to email@example.com by Friday, September 22, 2017.
For more information about AIRAH’S Refrigeration 2018 Conference and sponsorship enquiries, go to www.airah.org.au/conferences
Thanks to our supporting sponsor: iHub