2017 AIRAH Awards winners named in glittering ceremony in Sydney
Friday, November 3
The winners of the AIRAH Awards 2017 were announced at a glittering black-tie gala held at Sydney’s Doltone House last night, Thursday, November 2.
Now established as the Australian HVAC&R industry’s top-drawer accolades, the AIRAH Awards honour the outstanding individuals, projects, and products of the past year. Representing all facets of the industry, this year’s winners included a PhD student researching the effects of IEQ on the elderly; a world-leading, net-zero-carbon building in Sydney; a high-density, multi-story data centre; an innovative low dew-point dehumidifier, and an initiative aimed at “turning the dial” on gender inclusion.
“Once again, 2017 raised standards higher; an impressive array of nominations was received across the categories, and presented judges with the difficult task of picking the crème de la crème,” says AIRAH CEO Tony Gleeson, M.AIRAH.
“Indeed, the calibre of nominations for the AIRAH Awards this year has been astonishing. Collectively they have set a brilliant standard when it comes to innovation, leadership, and performance.”
Winners of the AIRAH Awards 2017 are
- AIRAH Future Leader Award: Peta Blight, M.AIRAH, from Devlin Engineering & Management
- Student of the Year – Higher Education and Research: Federico Tartarini, Stud.AIRAH
- Student of the Year – Trade: Nathan McHugh, Stud.AIRAH
- Excellence in Innovation: AECOM for AirTrunk Huntingwood
- Excellence in Sustainability: Norman, Disney & Young for its work on International Towers Sydney, Barangaroo South Base Building
- Best HVAC Retrofit or Upgrade: Frame Group, Sydney Processing Centre – Modernisation Project
- Product of the Year: Air Change, Low Dew-Point Humidifier (ACDHUM-LD)
- Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion: Aurecon – Future Ready by Design through Gender Inclusion program
- WR Ahern Award: Dr Cameron Chick, M.AIRAH, and Dr Stephen Hodson, M.AIRAH – “Mitigating the risk of fire spread from pipe insulation.”
- James Harrison Medal: John Bosci, F.AIRAH
The AIRAH Awards 2017 sponsors are Daikin (event sponsor), A.G. Coombs (Future Leader), NABERS (Best HVAC Retrofit or Upgrade), Standards Australia (Excellence in Innovation), Heatcraft (Excellence in Sustainability), ActronAir (Student of the Year – Higher Education and Research), Mitsubishi Electric (Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion), and LG Electronics (Student of the Year – Trade).
For more information about the AIRAH Awards 2017, go to www.airah.org.au/awards